Snippets from Science

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

OK, I'm over this

It appears that I have some sort of carpal tunnel-esque problem. How many hours have I spent in front of the computer? Apparently it's catching up with me.
I don't know what the actual issue is, but yesterday, there was shooting pain between my elbow and wrist, and sometimes in my fingers. I had hoped to wake up refreshed and pain-free, but that was not the case. If anything, it's worse today- with more waves of pain, with aching in between, than shooting. I talked to some co-workers about it, and they said it's most likely due to typing. I have a special wrist rest in front of my keyboard, AND one of those fancy mouse pads. No help.
I've tried pretty much every position (har har)- rearranging my mouse and keyboard, adding more padding. The next step is to hire an assistant to type for me. Jay kay, jay kay. I wish.

In other news, this morning was spent at the Columbia Class Day, where we (my office and alumns) carried class year banners. In the pouring rain. Lots of pouring rain.
I must admit, it was cool to see so many people support graduates- school pride is big with me as you know. Plus, my banner carrying partner was h-o-t-t.

PS- I'm now wearing a wrist guard I bought at Rite Aid, and typing sucks. So I'm ending this now.

4 Comments:

  • I THINK THAT'S PRETTY CUTE, although it sucks that you're in pain, of course!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 1:34 PM  

  • There are so many opportunities to take this blog in the wrong direction, so I am going to take the high road.

    I am sorry that you are in pain. Did you know that you can get codeine over the counter here? I will send you some if you want.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • Are you serious?

    I would love some codeine.

    You have my address, :)

    By Blogger Hilary, at 7:46 PM  

  • i'll take it in the wrong direction, young lauren!

    hil, you gotta lay off the hitachi. seriously. i go through phases of major wrist pain... my boyfriend lives in toronto. don't judge me.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home