Snippets from Science

Monday, May 22, 2006

Bathroom Behavior

I will never understand how/why womens' restrooms can be complete pig stys. Aren't we supposed to be the cleaner, more nesting of the two sexes? Granted, I don't ever go into mens' rooms (well, not OFTEN anyway), so I can't really say that ladies' rooms are dirtier than mens', but some things never cease to amaze me.
For example: why doesn't everyone flush the toilet? You know what I'm talking about. How can you not clean up after yourself? It would be slightly understandable if a child had used the toilet before the next adult, but there are no children on my floor at work. Secondly, why is there often toilet paper or paper towels strewn across the floor. Did you bite off more than you can chew? In that case, dispose of it! I'd hate to see the bathrooms in the homes of these broads.
Another strange thing about my bathroom at work is the "couch area". There is a small sitting area, immediately to your left upon entering the bathroom. There is one crappy, small college-dorm-lounge-esque couch, and one matching chair. The area is partitioned off by frosted glass. On more than 10 occasions, I've seen women sleeping on the couch. How on EARTH someone could sleep on that thing is beyond me. It's like our couch (well, Robert's couch), but older and less comfortable. Plus, one wouldn't notice a sleeping lady until exiting the bathroom. So, if for whatever reason, your bathroom visit was particularly...noisy...you are none the wiser until on your way out.
Someday, when I own my own home, I will make the bathrooms mini spas. They will be clean, fresh, luxurious. And you better believe that if I ever have a kid, he will know to flush when finished. Hell, I might even teach my dog to flush.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home