Snippets from Science

Friday, June 02, 2006

Top 5

Unlike most people, I prefer the colder months to the warmer ones. I know, I know- there is a lot more opportunity for outdoor activities when it's warm, and people are just happier in general. Don't get me wrong- I love love love the beach and the park, swimming, eating outdoors, etc. Honestly, I really need all 4 seasons to feel balanced. When September hits, I'm WAY over the heat and ready for crispy fall. When March hits, I'm sick of the cold, and can't wait for flowers to start popping up. I never really tire of autumn or spring, but I welcome the season change.

That being said, here are my top 5 reasons why I prefer cold over hot.

5) No frizzy hair. This might not go for a lot of people, but for me it's key. I hate sweating through my hair and having it look like crap the minute I step out of the house.

4) Better fashion. I look way better in cute sweaters, jeans, and cute boots than I do in tank tops and shorts. I usually feel uncomfortable in pretty much anything I put on when it's hot. I hate looking like a sweaty gross mess.

3) Better holidays. C'mon- who doesn't prefer Thanksgiving and Christmas to July 4th? Birth of our country vs. birth of Christ.

2) Snow! I love it. A lot of people hate it. I know it's a pain to walk around in it, drive in it, dig out your car, shovel your driveway, etc. But it's so beautiful and calming to me. I love midnight snowfall- it's so bright and quiet, and the trees just sparkle. I want to own a cabin someday, where I can ski to my front door, chill on my bear skin rug with some good red wine, and fall asleep by the fireplace. Heaven.

And the #1 reason for me isssssssssssssssssssssssss

1) NO HUMIDITY! 'Nuff said.

3 Comments:

  • they say opposites attract...every single one of those reasons i'd counter with my own reasons of dislike. did that make any sense? whatever i'm stressed.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:43 AM  

  • I strongly prefer warm weather. I like brown skin, small clothes, flip flops, ice cream, ice cold beer outside in the summer, margaritas in the garden, impromptu parties, cooking out, watermelon, swimming pools, the beach, sunshine every day, green grass, etc.

    I can tell you from experience that cold weather 10 months a year, and then moderately kind of maybe warm weather 2 for the remaining two months just isn't that fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

  • there's no humidity here. it's dry heat! apparenlty that means i can't tell that it's 106 degrees outside.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home