Snippets from Science

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Spittin' Jealous

My friend Bucket saw Radiohead last night at Madison Square Garden, and I couldn't be more jealous. I could have gone, of course; but I didn't have $60 for a ticket. I don't know HOW he score the seats that he did- and at a discounted price- but the bitch sat 8 feet from the stage. I saw Radiohead once- 11 years ago, on The Bends tour. They were awesome then, and I'm sure they are awesome now. Definately one of the defining bands of our generation, and along with Bjork, one of the few bands to receive acclaim from the classical world. In fact, I'm listening to classical pianist Christopher O'Riley play transcriptions of Radiohead songs right now. Gorgeous.
Here's the set list from last night, for anyone who cares:

01 You And Whose Army
02 The National Anthem
03 2+2=5
04 15 Step
05 Morning Bell
06 Arpeggi
07 Videotape
08 Kid A
09 Fake Plastic Trees
10 Climbing Up The Walls
11 Nude
12 Bangers 'N Mash
13 Idioteque
14 There There
15 Street Spirit
16 Bodysnatchers
17 Lucky

Encore 1
18 I Might Be Wrong
19 Down Is The New Up
20 The Bends
21 Everything In Its Right Place [Thom sings,'Silent Night']

Encore 2
22 House of Cards
23 How to Disappear Completely

They played for 2 hours. Spittin!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home