Snippets from Science

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ungrateful Bastard

Last night, while sitting at a red light with my window rolled down, I was approached by a little boy. "Do you have any spare change?", he asked me, holding a window washer. Now, keep in mind, he didn't offer to wash my windshield- just asked me for money. 10 times out of 10, I don't give change to strangers who approach my car. That's mostly because 9.5 times out of 10, I don't have any spare change. I'm a starving artist dammit. But last night, I checked my cup holder, and spotted a nickel. "Here ya go- a nickel..that's all I got", I said as I handed him the coin. "Oh cmon- you have a buck!", he yelled at me. ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?Buuu WHAAAAAAAAAAAA??!!!!!! "What did you just say to me?", I asked him sternly. "I said...you have a buck!", the little snot responded. "Not for you, I don't, you little jerk." Green light.
I was steaming- not even a "thank you". Just demanding that I give him more money. I can't say it's completely his fault- he probably learned to panhandle from a parent- in fact, he might have been panhandling for one of them! Whatever the case may be, that's the last time I give money to a kid. Unless he's starving in the street- then I'll give him an apple.

1 Comments:

  • Oh Jay....you don't know how tempting that is.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home