Snippets from Science

Friday, June 03, 2005

Rainy Day Dribble

It's crappy outside. If it had been beautiful for 3 solid weeks with ONE day of crappiness, I'd welcome it. I do like the rain on occasion. But it's been crappy a lot lately, which makes me feel crappy on the crappy days. Crappy, crappy, crappy. Well, I guess I don't really feel crappy today...but I'm going to mention some (bitchy) things that annoy me that may illuminate me in a crappy light.
I have been driving back and forth to D.C. almost every day for the last 2 weeks, and I always seem to get caught in some sort of traffic scuffle. Doesn't matter what time I leave, I always get stuck. Orioles traffic, rush hour, road work, accidents- you name it, it happens. No wonder D.C. was recently named the 2nd worst city (behind L.A.) in America for traffic. I have taken the liberty of putting together a list of driving habits/styles/whatevers that annoy me. Now, some people might accuse me of having road rage- especially in the middle of an arguement that has NOTHING to do with driving- and I will admit, I am impatient. But, I think you will find that these problems annoy most everyone; not just me.
1. People who drive too fast- weaving in and out of traffic. Are you really in that much of a hurry?
2. People who drive too slow. OK...yes the traffic is moving at a crawl, but please don't put 50 ft between you and the car in front of you.
3. People who refuse to break when approaching a traffic light, and coast along, going 1 MPH. This causes others to miss the light, and is just, in general, really annoying.
4. Perpetual breakers. Stop riding the break! Especially when there is no one in front of you!
5. Tailgating. This is number one for me. I hate it more than anything.
6. Tractor trailers driving at high speeds. Slow down, trucks! You shouldn't be passing me in the left lane doing 80.
7. Mercurys- I call them fake Lincoln Continentals.
8. People who wait until the last possible minute to merge. Honestly, do you really think you are getting that much farther ahead by driving on the shoulder, just to merge 2 cars ahead? Chill.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there is more! I can't wait until I live in a city with a reliable public transportation system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home