Snippets from Science

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Jerkalomania

As I stated in a previous post, Friendster is nothing more than a glorified singles website. So, I searched out some attractive single mens in the D.C./Balto area, and once again, found that the only way I'm going to meet someone is through a friend.
I messaged two different guys- one of whom was actually nice in his response, but I'm not really interested. The other guy, however, lost his hotness in his completely DICK response. In his profile, he had listed under "interests"- megalomania. Now, I may have a Masters degree, but I don't know what that word means. Does that mean I'm stupid? Evidently. So, I messaged him, asking what it meant, and his reponse to me was "you should know that dictionary.com is just a few clicks away...". Uh..WHA? Excuse me? Do you KNOW who you are talking to? I happen to be absolutely fabulous!
So, rather than appease him with some witty response, I had my fellow friendsters send him messages asking what megalomania means, or better yet (George), asking what the URL for dictionary.com is. Hilarious!
Turns out he's an even bigger dick, as he came off just as arrogant to all of them.
So maybe I'm not stupid after all...well, sort of stupid for thinking I could find someone cool to talk to who is into "vodka benders and megalomania."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home