Snippets from Science

Thursday, June 23, 2005

It is Useless to Resist Us

This morning, while on our daily shuttle commute to work, a cop car whizzed past the bus, and the scanner was so loud it was audible to us on the bus. Robert looked at me and said "It is useless to resist us", to which I immediately provided the back beat for the Information Society song "Walking Away", from their self-titled 1988 release. Robert smiled and said "I'm glad you caught that reference." Of course I did! Just like the time I caught his Manheim Steamroller reference. We were having coffee at City Cafe, around Christmastime, and some Manheim Steamroller version of a Christmas carol came on the radio. Robert said "I will eat out the first person who can name this band." Without missing a beat, I said "Manheim Steamroller." It seems I'm still waiting on his proposal....and now, with this Information Society reference, it's gonna be a busy weekend at the beach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home