Snippets from Science

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In Order

Headphones+desk job= make the day go by faster. As I sit here listening to Blue Monday, by New Order, I am reminded of a funny story, involving this song.
At the conclusion of my sophomore year at WVU, the University's "Spring Fling" featured a line-up of somewhat popular bands, including Orgy. If you will remember, Orgy become popular by covering the song Blue Monday, originally by New Order.
Prior to the actual concert, there were tents set up around the stage, with food and crafts and games- basically things that kept the under-21 crowd busy. As my friends and I were cruising the tents, we noticed the members of Orgy walking around, taking photo ops and attempting to blend in with the crowd. As the lead singer passed by me, I said "How does it feel....to steal a New Order song!" I didn't think he heard me, but I was sorely mistaken as he looked right at me, and laughed. At least he got a chuckle out of it....and didn't seem to remember when he saw me at a frat party later that night.

1 Comments:

  • how does it feel...to get drunkenly bitch-slapped by a member of orgy?

    By Blogger Robert, at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home