Snippets from Science

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Hot to Trot

I just got home from my Saturday night run through gorgeous. Perhaps this will become my new summer thing...running in Guilford on Saturday nights. It's great- there is no traffic, and everyone is out of town, so really, no people.
Anyway, it was (and still is) quite humid today. Even after sunset, the thick air lingers and creates a haze and much sweating. Half-way through my run, I was dripping wet, so I decided to take my shirt off and finish my run in my sports bra. IN MY SPORTS BRA! Now for some, that might not seem strange or daring or freeing, but for me it was all of those things. If you don't know, I used to be 30 lbs heavier than I am now, so my torso never saw the light of day (or dusk, in this case.) The closest I have ever come to wearing a bikini was last summer when Dan and I stripped down to our underwear on the 4th of July (after the horrifying harbor fireworks), and cooled off in the pool. That was after we drunkenly jumped the locked gate to the pool....but before we got caught by the sercurity guard and thrown out. Nonetheless, bra and undies night swimming is about as skin-bearing as I get. So for me to run in my sports bra and shorts is really something. Granted, I wasn't jogging through the crowds of tourists at the Inner Harbor. The only people who saw my sweaty abs were in BMWs, and some pre-teen boys riding bikes.
So now that I know I can jog sans tee-shirt, I might do it more often. But only at dusk...and only through Guilford. Don't want to take on too much too soon. Look out for that snow-white torso!

1 Comments:

  • "I just got home from my Saturday night run through gorgeous."

    the options on what this sentence actually means:

    a) "I just got home from my saturday night run-through, gorgeous!"

    b) "I just got home from my saturday night. run through, gorgeous!"

    c) "I just got home from my saturday night run-through. gorgeous!"

    as you can tell i don't have to see any patients today.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home