Snippets from Science

Monday, June 27, 2005

Down the Shore

Back from Avalon, New Jersey, and not loving it. I had one of the best weekends of the year, and am def. not pumped to be back in Bawl'mer. But, that's what makes vacations great- just when you don't think it could get any better, it's time to leave. Too much of a good thing is a waste.
Anyway, I had a '6 girls and 6 gays' themed weekend, sharing the gorgeous house of one Mr. Tom Smith. Tom's family's beach house sits on the bay, and comes fully equipped with boats in the dock slips, wrap-around decks, 13 beds, and an amazing view. Pretty much awesome.
We arrived Friday night and immediately launched into vacation mode (i.e. no calories count). We had pizza and beer, played many a drinking game, and because we're all not 21 anymore, were in bed by 12:30. The next day we woke up to incredible blue skies and sun, and spent the day waterskiing, swimming in the ocean, boating it, having amazing homemade ice cream, going out to dinner with Jonathan Prin, and once again finishing off the day with drinking. On Sunday, we went tubing in the boat, beached it again, more ice cream, swimming and canoeing in the bay, and a great homemade dinner before heading back to Balto. All in all, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Great friends, food, weather, and good times.
Some highlights of the trip:

- Tubing. First time I did it, and it was blast. Tom drove the boat in a figure 8 pattern, and I nearly peed myself. Fear is fun!
- Attempting to waterski. I couldn't get up on the skis to save my life, but it was fun trying. Also, I swallowed a lot of bay water...that wasn't so fun.
- Being on a private beach, and swimming in the ocean. 'Nuff said.
- Springer's ice cream shop. Some of the best I've had...and I know my ice cream.
- Having dinner with Jonathan and his friend Lou. Jonathan and I went to middle school together, but we hadn't seen each other in years! It was fun catching up and re-hashing Hanover memories. Jonathan is now an investment banker on Wall St. His next project is finding me a sugar daddy once I get to New York.
- Sleeping in bunk beds with Robert, Terry, and George. We laughed ourselves into our drunken slumber every night- it was hilarious.
- Trying to balance sitting on one end of a floating surf board, with Terry on the other end. Ultimately, we fell off every time, and Gail said it looked like "2 naked people wrestling". I guess you had to be there.
- Sunsets- unreal.


Besides the horrible tomato effect I have going with this sunburn, it was wonderful. Thanks, Tom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home