Snippets from Science

Friday, December 21, 2007

For Robert

The man who manually started this blog for me is asking why I have forsaken it. (No, not President Bush, but good guess.) I told Robert, I feel like everyone knows anything I have to say, and if they don't, I guess it's because I don't really have any "news" (besides the whole pregnancy/moving to Kansas to raise my baby with the Marils thing)- but that's OLD news.

So, I've decided to do more of a once-in-a-while update, with news and stories. I know it's hard to believe that my life isn't as exciting as a Bond movie (who am I kidding- it totally is), but some days are just pretty normal. I'm also a little bit paranoid about posting news and tidbits on the interwebs that I don't necessarily want people to read. You never know who's googling you...

So, on that note. Here are some bones:

I'm planning a recital for the spring- all 20th century music. I'm pretty excited about a John Duke set I'm doing; this is the first time I've heard it or heard OF it, and it's absolutely gorgeous. The poetry is just gut-wrenching. So yay for that.

I did do one audition- Britten-Pears. It went well. I sang some Schubert. It would be nice to summer (for 10 days) in England!

I'm going to Toronto next month to see Andrea and another friend. More on the other friend later. :)

Boccismo! still rules. We played the D-bag team AGAIN in the finals, beat them, they tried to fight us for the second time, but our composure and skills prevailed. We have a month off until Winter Season starts, and we're currently bouncing around ideas for our gear. We're thinking of going with a collegiate/fox hunting/lodgey look. Does that make sense? Anyway, it will be awesome, whatever it is.

I'm looking forward to going home for Christmas, seeing that baby, and my sister (one in the same), and the rest of the fam and friends as well.

Oh, and I'm not re-auditioning for the Army. I've decided to stay put. New York has seduced me.

4 Comments:

  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww yeah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • so you have had a child and moved to kansas whilst I was away?

    say it ain't so, dorothy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

  • i'm a baby huh?

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:41 PM  

  • yes, but something has you by the nose...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home