Snippets from Science

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bah Humbug

Somedays, it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints. Today was one of those days, until I got to work and saw these. It took me 2 hours to get to work today because service on the 1,2, and 3 trains was suspended until about 8:15 AM. Rather than have another anxiety attack, I chose to take the bus- which took 45 minutes. But hey, at least I got a seat. Frazzled and stressed, I finally got to work, and when I opened that email, I forgot all about being mad. Isn't it amazing how simple things- in this case, pictures of Maxwell- can be so renewing?

I'm still not over the slaughter that was last night's Ryan Adams show. The venue was awful (Hammerstein), the crowd was intolerable (wasted assholes), and my feet were killing me. Of course, he and his band sounded absolutely wonderful, but it was almost impossible to hear any nuances or change in dynamics on account of the fools surrounding us. Why would you pay $40 for background music? Save your money, go to a bar, and let actual fans buy the tickets. Ugh.

OK- going back to my calm, happy place.

1 Comments:

  • he's cute and all, but those pictures can't really compete with THIS (http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/headlines/070798/maxwell.jpg) maxwell.

    hilary? are you trying to...seduce me?

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home