Snippets from Science

Monday, October 22, 2007

Shootin' from the hip

There is a deli two (avenue) blocks from my apartment called Le Bagel Delight. Lame name aside, le bagel makes- hands down- THE BEST egg sandwich I have ever had. I'm having a hard time nailing down exactly what it is about these sandwiches that makes them the best in the world. First of all, you know a place has got it goin' on when there is always, and I mean always, a crowd of people waiting. I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my order- they are extremely organized, and very nice. I always order the same thing- egg whites and bacon on a whole wheat bagel. Again, I don't know what it is that makes THIS egg white/bacon/bagel combo better than any others, but it is. It just is. It's also the perfect fuel for a 22 mile bike ride, which is what I did after I treated myself to Le Bagel Delight's delight on Saturday morning. I biked from my house, across the Brooklyn Bridge, cut across lower Manhattan via Chambers St. to the West Side Highway path, up to W. 96th St., down to W. 79 St., across town to Central Park, downtown to W. 61st, back to the bike path, and home. Let's just say, my legs nearly gave out on me the second time I took the Bridge. Lots and lots of hills.

Here are some not-so-great photos, but you get the idea. Commuting sucks, but this view certainly does make it a whole lot better.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home