Snippets from Science

Monday, November 12, 2007

I think I might still be drunk

Wow. I haven't woken up intoxicated since college. I remember it well- Beckie, Lauren, and I had gone out the previous night (ladies' night at a VERY quality establishment), got housed on awful jello shooters and natty ice, and had a GIANT theory test the next morning. Miraculously, I got an A on the exam. I never EVER got A's on my theory exams; apparently the spinning room helped.

So why am I still feelin' it, you may ask? Because oops- I forgot to eat dinner with my 4 Tripel Karmeliets . Yowza. When a beer is so incredibly smooth that someone like me doesn't stop to eat, you know it's a winner. After a lovely walk through central park, with a date no less (I know, I know- don't fall out of your chairs), it really was the best way to end the day. Next time, though, I should add some mussels and frites to those Tripels.

In other news, Ryan and I saw Figaro at the Met on Saturday, and it was really great. We scored some orchestra seats (thank you, student ID), so we had a chance to see the mechanics of the singers up close and personal. Bryn Terfel is the f$*&ing man, and completely owned the stage. His voice, his stage presence, his acting= all incredibly professional and natural. As cheesy as it sounds, it was really inspiring. Oh, and have you SEEN Simon Keenlyside?? Boy (man?) has got it goin' ON. He sang the Count, and I absolutely loved it. The Countess and Susanna were amazing as well- it really was one of the best things I've seen at the Met. Sources on the inside tell me that it's kind of a madhouse- so changes are being made for the better.

Alright- I have to work now. As soon as this computer screen stops spinning...

1 Comments:

  • you big drunk.
    christo and i CANNOT STOP LAUGHING about this. check it.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/44990/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home