Snippets from Science

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Let the baby-havin' begin

I am pleased to announce that I'm pregnant.

Just kidding.

I'm actually pleased to announce that my cousin and his wife are the proud parents of a TEN POUND baby girl, born yesterday morning. She is the first of three important babies (at least, in my life) to arrive. Her name is Kira, and I'm sure she's a total doll. I bought her a little Puma track suit, to be worn when she's a little older, so she'll clearly be a hip, urban baby; much like my future nephew, and fake nephew. I bought both of them I (heart) NY onesies, to be followed by ridiculously expensive baby teeshirts and cute outerwear. My sister bought my future nephew a Ramones bib that says something like "gabba gabba eat", and we bought the future parents Brooklyn Industries diaper bags. No clowns or teddy bears there.

It is a bit strange, all of these people in my life becoming parents, when I'm a single woman who is renting an apartment in New York City. I don't even own a car anymore. My most prized posession is probably my computer... or boots. Alas, I'm perfectly fine with being a single renter. Besides, I'd much rather be able to give the screaming, crying kid back to mom and dad, on my way out the door to a scissor sisters concert.

1 Comments:

  • congrats!!!! But, geez. I cannot even imagine having a kid right now, or ever, for that matter!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home