Snippets from Science

Friday, January 05, 2007

akdjaskjdf;kj Arcade Fire laksjdlfjas;dfj

Tickets went on sale this morning for six NY Arcade Fire shows, and of course, all shows were sold out in a half hour. I didn't get tickets (honestly, because I forgot the sale started at 9 AM), and neither did any of my friends. In an attempt to keep up with the ridiculous craigslist ticket postings (do yourself a favor and read them), a few of my friends wrote in bogus entries. They go a lil something like this:

Who wants to marry an Arcade Fire ticket holder? - $1
Reply to: sale-258039565@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-01-05, 12:42PM EST


Here is your chance to score a ticket to February 15th's Arcade Fire show at Judson Memorial Church... and a husband.

How?

Send me your myspace profile (or equivalent,) pictures, etc along with a short explanation of why you deserve to be my wife and attend the Arcade Fire show.

We will be wed on the steps of Judson Memorial Church prior to the show.

Good luck!



AND

Re: Arcade Fire Tickets

Friends,

I will pay top dollar for any ticket to the February Arcade Fire shows at Judson Memorial Church. I will also pay hundreds of dollars each for any Arcade Fire ticket stubs from previous Arcade Fire shows. Additionally, I offer cash or trade for any items having to do with arcades (ski-ball machines, amusement park rides, boardwalks, tokens, etc.) or anything to do with fires (cigarette lighters, gasoline, Great White concert tapes, Backdraft movie posters, etc.). I can also pay you a small but generous fee to call my cell phone and say "Arcade Fire" to me when I answer or, for a slightly lesser but no less generous amount, text the words, "Arcade" or "Fire" to the same cell number.

Please help. I've never seen a band live before, not even on television. In fact, as far as I know, Arcade Fire and Great White are the only two bands out there.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home