Snippets from Science

Monday, October 31, 2005

Ye Old Biological Clock

OK...so I'm the first to admit that I'm not 100% sure of motherhood is in the cards for me. BUT, I just teared up for the first time looking at a baby. GAH! I think it's because I am feeling particularly hormonal this week...

Anyway, a postdoc from my lab has his son in today, a 6 month old Asian boy, and we all know how adorable Asian babies are, named Christopher. Christopher is dressed up like a CHICKEN for Halloween. Hawk and all. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. As Christopher is sitting there, apathetic to his costume, every woman in the office is oooing and awwing. He was smiling and wriggling, and I felt myself getting emotional because of the degree of cuteness and his fat cheeks. What is wrong with me? I'm not supposed to have a biological clock yet. It's too early!

4 Comments:

  • it's never too early.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:42 PM  

  • i've just spent 4 hours handing out candy to ungrateful chillins. surround yourself with hateful kids and your clock will stop.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 4:43 PM  

  • good point. instead, i'm having a sttttrroonnggg cocktail at robert's while dressed as a can of old bay.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 5:47 PM  

  • old bay!!!!!!!!!!!! mommy wants pictures, TOMORROW!!

    i could've gone as a grossed-out midwesterner with your old bay. damn i wish i was there.

    *in a side note - i almost copied you this halloween. i wanted an easy costume, and i thought of your white trash momma from a couple of years ago... but i didn't want to insult any of my customers - because that's what they always look like.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home