Snippets from Science

Friday, October 28, 2005

Quickie

I don't have much time here, folks...busy at work (!), and I'm leaving for NYC in a few hours. Like an idiot, I didn't get my stuff together for New York last night, and was rushing to get everything packed this AM. I forgot my cell phone. So now I have to leave work earlier so I can rush home, grab my junk, and then get to the bus terminal. Grr.

In addition to my crazy morning, I was kept awake most of the night by the heating system from HELL. I was complaining several evenings ago about not having any heat, but as soon as they turned it on (we don't get to control our own heat), the hell began. It's like a sauna in the apartment now. Better than being frozen, I guess. And not only is it balmy conditions indoors, but the radiators make SO MUCH noise that it sounds like someone is being shot- repeatedly. And hammers...lots of hammers banging on metal things. The best part is, the radiators in Ashley and my rooms are RIGHT NEXT to our beds. So we get to hear it all night long! Every 2 hours or so. If this doesn't end by next week, I'll have to make a call. Because honestly, I don't think I can deal with it all winter. It's that loud.

OK...back to work.

3 Comments:

  • i'll be sure to stop hammering on your radiators with my metal mallet.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:20 AM  

  • tylenol pm. i started using it when tom and chris started to get laid in the house.

    goodluckinny!!

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 9:43 AM  

  • girl, i've been taken the TPM for years now. even under it's spell, i couldn't sleep through the banging.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home