Snippets from Science

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fashion Police

OK...I can't afford to buy Gucci, Prada, or Chanel...but I do manage to look decent most of the time. I'm sure I've participated in some fashion blunders (i.e. overalls throughout my time as a college student), but now that I've been an urban gal for several years, I've caught up with the times. That being said, I have to call a fashion foul when I see one: Wrap-around dress+jeans= bad outfit. I've always HATED the skirt+pants, or dress+pants combo. I think it looks rediculous, I dont care how skinny you are. A dress is supposed to be feminine; flowy or tight, short or long, patterned or plain, it's feminine. When paired with a pair of pants, which are more masculine, it takes the femininity out of the skirt. It also makes the person wearing the horrible combination look like she's trying too hard. Why not pair your dress with a funky pair of stockings? It's classier and sexier than jeans. Or a fun pair of shoes? Good shoes are a must, and can get lost under a pair of pants.

So....whoever that girl is that created a serious fashion offence (she was also sporting a huge scarf wrapped around her shoulders) needs to be written up. Too bad I left my badge at home today.

3 Comments:

  • OR...pair that cute, flowy skirt with a pair of no-panties! you don't get much more feminine than that.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:52 AM  

  • what is a pair of no-panties? wouldn't it just be plain old "no panties?" i can't believe i just typed the "p" word twice- GROSS WORD.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 10:01 AM  

  • total gross word. along with slacks. and i believe that it was evelyn trester who started that trend... at peabody, at least. let's final solution her.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home