Snippets from Science

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

That's what I'm Talkin About

Once again, I can't wait to move to New York. If I live in Brooklyn, and even if I don't, I'll be checking out Laila's Longue:


Laila suffers from the same problem as The Pod used to: it's a big space, so unless there's 100 people in there, it looks empty...Which leads to it often being empty, because folks walk by, look in, and say, "Golly, it looks empty. Must be lame." Too bad. Laila may have the best Happy Hour in town: $2 for any of their tap beers (and we're not talking crap, like Pabst) until 8 PM. The other night I ambled in, pondered plopping onto one of their big, swanky couches, but chose the bar instead. I had a Brooklyn Weisse and a small feta cheese and olive plate. Total bill: $5 plus tip. Check it out while it lasts- it' just a stone's throw from Planet Thai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home