Snippets from Science

Friday, October 14, 2005

I'm Fancy

OK....so yes, my job title is "Secretary III", but I don't actually do much secretarial work. I hardly answer the phone. In fact, up until about 2 weeks ago, no one ever called me, except my church choir director and occaisonally, Robert. But lately, I've been receiving and making all sorts of important phone calls, due to the huge gala my department is hosting in 4 weeks. It's been a large project in the making for the past year. I started working here ALMOST a year ago, and was first introduced to the 'gala business' after my first week of work. I didn't really start working hard on the gala until February, and when I finally became full time in March, I was all gala all the time.
My name, work phone, and email address is on every invitation, brochure, and the website. I'm kind of famous! Well, in the response/questions about Neuroscience gala world. The ladies in my office were joking with me, saying I should wear a name tag on the evening of the gala. I just might. Especially if there are any hot, single brain doctors there.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home