Snippets from Science

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Halloween Heaven

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I LOVE candy pumpkins. You know what I mean...those little marshmellow, but hard, candies that come in the "Autumn Mix" bag with candy corn. The candy corn you can find year-round. But the pumpkins are a once-a-year treat. I love them. I have always loved them. I think it's because my mom always used to buy a bag or 2 when I was a kid, so they were filling the candy dishes. Comfort food.
Anyway, I can never purchase a bag of the pumpkins, and they do sell JUST the pumpkins, because I will eat the entire bag...probably in one sitting. That's gross, isn't it? But what's even grosser, is that I can do it. And I will feel horribly sick afterwards, but I'd still do it. In fact, in a moment of extreme weakness, I purchased a bag of "Autumn Mix", and ate most of the pumpkins out of the mix. After the pumpkins, I ate the corn..and kept eating. Before I knew it, I had eaten half the bag. I didn't feel well. I gave the remainder of the bag to Robert.
I haven't purchased corn or pumpkins since that night, but when I was home last weekend, true to form, my mother had a bag of the pumpkins sitting on the counter. I ate 3- only 3. I'm proud of myself.
Now the problem is, our office secretary brought in some "Autumn Mix", (and yes, I feel it's necessary to put it in quotations) and it's just staring at me, laughing at me, teasing me from within the candy jar in her office. I had a pumpkin and a few corns yesterday, but I've decided that in order to not eat anymore "Mix", I will just imagine how many unwashed hands have grazed the inside of that candy dish. There. That's even grosser than me polishing off a whole bag.

3 Comments:

  • hey so did you get that bulk-pack of autumn mix that i just sent to your house?

    (also, did you just call me?)

    By Blogger George Lam, at 11:30 PM  

  • Eliza said:
    I love the pumpkins too, but are you talking about the pumpkins with the green stem, or the black? Very important!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 AM  

  • Green stem! I don't know about the black stem! Are they good too?

    By Blogger Hilary, at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home