Snippets from Science

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Roger, Over and Out

I can't stand walkie-talkie cell phones...I mean really can't stand them. I have no interest in hearing both sides of a phone conversation. In fact, I don't even want to hear one side of it, but when the person in front of or behind you in the grocery store line is chatting away, it's hard to not eavesdrop. It's not bad enough that said annoying talker is holding up the check-out line because he/she MUST continue an ever important conversation instead of paying attention to the cashier when asked for a method of payment. But with the walkie-talkie phone, both sides of the conversation are audible, and unignorable. And I think being generally annoying and inconsiderate goes with the walkie-talkie territory. So, all you W-T phone users out there- STOP. Unless you are working in a factory or on a large construction site, there is not need to walkie-talkie. It's irrtating, terribly lazy, and lame.

4 Comments:

  • hilary, i am SORRY. if i'd known that my walkie talkie cell phone bothered you that much i wouldn't have taken it to the store with me.

    By Blogger Robert, at 5:57 AM  

  • i just can't stand that nextel noise talk "doodle do".....talk "doodle do"....talk "doodle do"

    By Blogger Ratface, at 6:17 AM  

  • cock - a? doodle do?

    By Blogger George Lam, at 8:34 AM  

  • Teh beeps are what really grate on my nerves, too. Ack! I really wanna lash out when people use them. technology does no tmake good manners obsolete poeple!

    By Blogger Michael G Bare, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home