Snippets from Science

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Back on the Trizaine

I love ice cream. And cake. And cookies. And pretty much anything sugary, sweet, and fattening. I also have trouble saying no to anything sugary, sweet, and fattening...especially in the summer when it's hot and I'm with friends and family. After a healthy dinner of Jamaican Jerk turkey burgers, zucchini and sqaush sautee, and peaches, Nakia, Robert, Michael and I ruined our health vibe with ice cream and cookies. I, of course, didn't object. I embraced! It's not like me to turn away dessert. But tonight is the end of my sordid love affair with all that is calorie-laden. Well, not ALL that is calorie-laden; I'll still have the occasional ice cream cone or slice of peach pie, but not 4 times a week. As my sister says, it's time to get back on the trizaine. Time to get back to my graham cracker and fat free Cool Whip desserts. Time to get back to my Special K bar treats. (And let's face it, I never gave up the Special K bar treats.) And time to start saying no to cake at work...that's gonna be a challenge.

2 Comments:

  • I've never been able to say no to Special K.

    ...or Meth.

    :D

    By Blogger George Lam, at 8:03 AM  

  • Hilary, I feel ya, after the ice-cream that night I too am back on the trizzain. Hopefully I can shed some "baby phat" before the speedo and stiletto weekend to come.....

    By Blogger Michael G Bare, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home