Snippets from Science

Monday, July 18, 2005

Fresh Out of Nice

I'm a nice person. And polite. And sincere. But sometimes I have to pretend to be all of those things just so I don't come off as the antichrist. (Robert, no comments needed.) Par example- certain co-workers, who mean well and are very nice people, just small talk me at the wrong time. Maybe I'm tired, maybe I'm in the middle of something, or maybe I'm in the bathroom and don't feel like laughing at your stupid jokes when I'm trying to pee. I can fake smile with the best of them- I am a singer after all. But sometimes it really takes a lot of energy to pretend to think something is funny.
I have one co-worker, in particular, who is SUPER nice and really means well...but I want to punch her. She always seems to ask me about a certain task I'm doing at the most inopertune time. Like in the bathroom. Or she'll ask me if whatever I was doing pertains to what she needs to know, right then and there, but follows up her demand with a compliment. Today she actually said, "You are so attractive and you always look so nice. But I'm not gay- I'm just saying you look pretty." Uhhh....Good thing you pointed out you're not gay, because judging by that 2 carat ring on your finger, I thought maybe you switch hit. GAH!
Maybe I just need more coffee....I think I woke up at the wrong time in my REM cycle. Either coffee or gin.

2 Comments:

  • yes ma'am

    By Blogger Ratface, at 10:25 AM  

  • you are so attractive and you always look so nice. i'm gay, and i'm just saying that you look pretty.

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home