Snippets from Science

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Givin' back

Last summer, I decided that I wanted to volunteer for an animal shelter. I wanted to be one of those people in Union Square on Saturdays, who had the "adopt me" dogs. Well, last summer came and went and I was busy learning my way about New York, and didn't end up volunteering afterall. Well, I've already applied to be a volunteer here, and I've sponsored a cat. His name is Freckles. He's a rescue kitty from Hurricane Katrina, and he has feline leukemia. Sadly, the chances of him being adopted are slim, so I figure this is the next best thing. And, since my allergies wouldn't allow me to have him, this is pretty much all I can do.

I need to get it together before I start volunteering, because right now, I can't even look at the page without tearing up.

1 Comments:

  • my question:

    can you bring freckles to our apartment to catch a mouse if he comes back? just a thought.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home