Snippets from Science

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

VT

Although Virginia Tech was a HUGE rival of WVU (and I say was because we no longer play them in football), my heart goes out to all of the families and students suffering from this incredibly horrible tragedy. Watching CNN clips of eyewitness accounts is so frightening. Put yourself in the position of these students. What if this happened to you, in YOUR German class? Everyone around you- murdered. The shooter re-entering the classroom multiple times, just to kill more random students. It's amazingly tragic and awful.

I don't know anyone who perished in this tragedy, and although my brother was a Hokie, I have no other connection to VT. But, I find this event to be absolutely horrifying. Unfortunately, it will be all over the media for weeks, and people will grow tired of hearing about it because of being constantly reminded. However, that does not depreciate the severity of this situation, and I hope you will continue to keep the departed in your prayers.

1 Comments:

  • I haven't really stopped being upset about what happened at VT since I saw the news a few days ago. I imagine most of the country and a good deal of the world is grieving for the loss of life in Blacksburg. It's unfathomable that something so terrible would happen in a college classroom.

    I can't imagine returning to classes and 'normal' life after such an awful experience. Not only does my heart hurt (such a cliche expression but apt in this case) for the kids and faculty who died that day, but my heart hurts for the kids and faculty left behind. They must be struggling, and unfortunately, probably will for a very very long time. Life can't ever be exactly the same, even though it will go on.

    I guess I am grieving for everybody involved. I just can't believe it, it doesn't seem real.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home