Snippets from Science

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Top 40

It's been quite some time since I've willfully listened to Top 40 Radio. I don't always listen to music at work because, believe it or not, I get distracted pretty easily. As a result, I'm forced to hear my cube mate's radio through our thin partition. I'm not sure what she listens to- I think it's some internet "easy listening" shit, I'll tell you one thing- it's the MOST repetitive radio station I've ever heard. If I remember correctly, songs reach Top 40 status because they get tons of airplay, right? Yeah, well...I've heard "How to save a life" by The Fray twice a day, every day, for the last 2 months. (As I'm typing this, "Waiting Room" by Fugazi is on my college radio station, drowning out that piece of shit singer.) No wonder the mere THOUGHT of this terrible terrible terrible and irritating song makes me want to throw myself in front of the 1 train. That is how much I hate it.

Moreover, I don't know how Top 40 DJs can stand it. I know, from being on the radio once or twice in my day, that as a DJ you don't necessarily listen to the song as it's on air. But STILL. Don't they tire of playing the same bullshit music several times a day, every day? Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home