Snippets from Science

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

For Alex

Ok, I'm not even close to giving up my smooth white Belgian ales or hefeweizens. BUT, I am sitting here, drinking an Arrogant Bastard Oaked, and I'm enjoying it. For you non-beer snobs, A.B. is an American Strong Ale- aka, not my favorite. I won't front; here's what Beer Advocate has to say about it:

"They don't call it Arrogant Bastard for nothing! The bitter hops and citrus are more intense in the flavor than the smell, but I think there needs to be a little more malt. Perhaps I've been spoiled by its maltier brother, Double Bastard. Despite that, you can taste the sweet flavor more as the beer warms up. It's awfully sticky as some of it spills around my lips. It's not my favorite of Stone's products, as this Bastard will attack even regular ale drinkers."

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree that more malt would be preferable for me as well- I'm just not all about hops. However, I am gaining more and more appreciation for the stuff- as I will obviously recognize any well-crafted brew- hence my A.B. consumption this evening. So Alex, this one's for you.

2 Comments:

  • i don't know anything about beer, but that shit was too strong for me.

    then again, i am a PUSSY.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:47 AM  

  • well-crafed. i love those.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home