Snippets from Science

Friday, December 08, 2006

Ich spreche gern Deutsch

Oder nein.

However, ich spreche enough gern Deutsch to land me in Level two, here at Columbia U. This is a relief- I really didn't want to have to start all over with beginning German, as I can say a few things in the language. The placement test was pretty difficult- in fact, I didn't understand ONE WORD of the reading exercise. It was all about regions of Germany, and where Kurt Weil is from- OK, maybe I understood a few words. The point is it was hard. But I guess since I know the difference between Schwester and Tochter, I pass go.
The sweetest part is, pending on my boss' approval, I'll be able to take the class during the work day, so I don't have to give up 3 nights a week. I'm kind of excited to have homework again; and to gawk at 19 year old boys.

2 Comments:

  • 19 year old boys are gross. I don't see what you see in them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 AM  

  • um, you're starting to sound like me. is that why i went to a big kegger on saturday that got busted by the cops for the underagers?

    By Blogger Ratface, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home