Snippets from Science

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Love is Hell

I am happy to report that I was sufficiently rocked last night at the Ryan Adams show. He was sober enough to completely rock the house, although he only really played for a little over an hour. Boo. He was also wearing knee-high patent leather goth boots, which made him appear to be 8 ft tall. Apparently, the night before he showcased some silver glitter knee-high boots.
Opening for Mr. Adams were The Little Willies. Norah Jones does back up vocals, and I must admit- I'm not normally a fan of her music or voice, but in this context- I liked her. She has a great sound for bluesy alt-country and Willie Nelson covers.
The drama of the evening occured when a rowdy fan in the balcony (where I was sitting) was asked to leave and shouted, "hey Ryan! I'm getting kicked out for cheering". To which Ryan responded, "If you got kicked out, then why are you still here?" Rock.

Here's what he looked like last night:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home