Snippets from Science

Monday, November 20, 2006

Men are from Mars

Just when I start to wonder why I can't seem to find a decent man, I hear about one of my friends getting screwed over, hurt, dragged through the mud, or completely taken advantage of- and I suddenly become A O.K. with being single.
I was telling a male friend of mine about a girlfriend who was recently hurt by her ex-boyfriend. He aksed me if the ex had been cheating, and said I didn't think so, but his behavior was really shitty and hurtful- and that sucks. He said, unforunately, it's not a crime: men use love to get sex, and women use sex to get love.

Fuck. That.

I am TIRED of hearing about dishonest, hormone-driven episodes where hurt is "unintentional" but is always the case. I have never been the victim of cheating, but I've had some shitty things happen to me. And the more I hear about the aforementioned B.S., the more I realize that I trust no one. Well, almost no one. What is to say that the next guy I actually decide is worth my time won't do something completely shitty and untrustworthy to me? Absolutely nothing. Part of me in completely jealous when I hear about yet another person with whom I grew up getting married, but then I catch wind of dishonesty and shittyness, and I'm once again glad to be where I am.

So...this ends my "men suck" rant- I know there are plenty of good ones out there. I'm just sayin...

2 Comments:

  • the truth is out there....

    wait, i mean, they are out there. i know it's easy for me to say -but, they are.

    2 cup cocoa.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 9:27 AM  

  • thank god you never found out about all those times i've slept around on you.

    By Blogger Robert, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home