Snippets from Science

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Times, they are a-changin'

Now, I know that things are different in high schools today than they were 10,11,12 years ago when I was in high school. DAMMIT that was a long time ago. At any rate, I know things are different, times are changing, blah blah blah. I don't have any children of my own, so I might be a touch out of my element here, but who the hell do these kids think they are? Honestly, are you THAT important that you need a cell phone while you are in school? Learning? Making the most of your eduacation?
Chuckle all you want, but I think it's ridiculous. I hate cell phones. I always have, yet where would I be without mine? In this day and age, left behind. I resisted the trend througout college. I thought, if someone needs to get in touch with me, they can call my house and leave a message. If it's that important, they will either call back or track me down. But today; shit. I use my phone to call my sister and tell her stupid/funny things. I use it to call my mom more than once a day to remind her my travel plans and to tell her how my latest audition went. I use it to make plans, appointments, take pictures, send messages, send pictures, get directions, alert the press, and to ward off undesireable street people. I don't like it.
If I decide to become a mom someday, I think I may move to a small town in Minnesota like Lake Wobegon, where "the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average." At least in Lake Wobegon, I can pretend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home