Snippets from Science

Monday, July 10, 2006

Break out the knee brace

This is my 100th post of the day- can you tell I'm incredibly bored?
Anyway, my friend Alison just called and invited me to go running with her on Thursday. No problem. Then she tells me that we'll be meeting at Niketown- the (go figure) Nike store in Manhattan- to join a ton of other runners who are trying out the new Nike/Ipod combo. It's a pretty badass invention, but for me, not worth the money. Besides, I'm flat footed, so I already require motion control shoes, and I don't think the Ipod shoes are built for someone like me. But I digress.
Going running with Alison is one thing, but going running with an entire GROUP is another. I only run, on average, about 8 miles a week. That ain't a whole lot, folks. I really hate running, but I feel like it's something that I have to do. It's a great way to clear my head, test my body, and exhaust myself. It's kind of masochistic for me. Not that I'm into that or anything. AHEM. ANYway- needless to say, I'm a bit nervous. Alison ran the New York marathon last year, so she's used to being able to run for hours, much like Terry. I'm used to running for 30 minutes and then calling it a day. Ever since I moved here, Alison has been after me to do races with her. She's also convinced I can do a half-marathon (no way), saying that if I can run 3 miles, I can run 13. Mhm. Right.
So I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday. I do like running in races, because running with large groups of people motivates me. I guess I'll just keep telling myself that while I try to hide my exhaustion.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home