Snippets from Science

Friday, June 23, 2006

Happenins'

First of all, take a little peak at where I'll be headed at some point next weekend. Yes sir.

Secondly, it's time for me to update my specs- I just got my contacts in the mail today, so I'll be able to see with the correct prescription, so I'll need to update my glasses as well. I checked out a little glasses joint near work today, and their prices are pretty good- plus I get a Columbia discount. I really had no intention, well a little intention due to my current frames pinching me a bit, of buying new frames. That is, until, the pretty sales girl said "Is that bag Michael Kors?" I laughed and said, "Um, I got this at Target." Yes! Fooled someone. Well after she stared at me in disbelief and swore she was headed to Target tonight, we talked frames. "See, you're lucky because you can pull off plastic frames and metal frames. You have a great face shape- you're one of those people who looks good in glasses." Now, I know this is her selling technique; I wasn't born yesterday. But I must admit, out of the 20 or so frames I tried on, she was honest with me about what looked good and what did not. So, yes, sales girl- I AM one of those people who looks good in glasses, thankyouverymuch. I'm still thinking about the frames- I would get a nice discount and I did pick out some SUPER cute ones.

And lastly, my parents are in town. I'm happy they are here- I haven't seen them since March. That might not seem like such a long time, but I was only an hour away from them for the past 4 years, and could pretty much visit any time I felt like it. Now it takes money and time off of work, and we all know how full my social calendar is. So tonight I'm showing them Astoria, and tomorrow (weather permitting) we are headed to the Botanical Gardens before seeing The Drowsy Chaperone tomorrow evening. And while Robert is dancing his tight little ass off at the Pier on Sunday, I'll be drinking mine off at the beer garden. Not such an empty social calendar afterall.

2 Comments:

  • OMG Shake Shack looks amazing. ARG i want to be in ny!

    By Blogger George Lam, at 4:19 PM  

  • amazing.

    oh and i found cute glasses here! they're pink and black, they have cateye ones. they're all only 100. wooo

    By Blogger Ratface, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home