Snippets from Science

Monday, August 29, 2005

Lifetime

Every morning before work, Ashley and I watch "Saved by the Bell" (regular, or The College Years- depends), since we don't get local channels. I used to watch the Today show each morning, but apparently, having a small satellite dish prevents us from seeing the stations we actually need to watch in case of emergency.
At any rate, we watch Saved by the Bell, just like we did every Saturday morning in the early 90's, and even have some of the episodes memorized. After SBTB is over, we still have about 5 minutes before we need to leave, so we watch "Mad About You." I always liked "Mad About You"- I think it's funny and quirky. But lately, watching MAY has been making me really excited to move to New York. Like most shows about New York, it was filmed in California (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But unlike Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens, I really feel like Paul and Jamie live in New York. Their fabulously huge UWS apartment is a bit fictional for an advertising exec. and aspiring film maker, but they take the subway, order Chinese, and have neighbors from the U.K.! Sounds like the Big Apple to me.
OK..so maybe MAY is just as fake as any other New York sitcom, but it sure is making me excited to move. I can't wait to live in a city where everything I need or want is either in my neighborhood or just a train ride away, and public transpotation is reliable.

2 Comments:

  • i love mad about you. and i know exactly what you mean about MAY and new york.

    so jealous that you're moving in with paul reiser!

    By Blogger George Lam, at 8:25 AM  

  • me too--i got helen hunt. that bitch.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home