Snippets from Science

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Motivation

I was serious when I said last weekend's recital lit a fire under my ass. I've managed to secure a recital location (my church), and a date (contingent on checking the church calendar this weekend), and I've spent the last two afternoons (I'm SUPER busy at work) selecting the program.

What am I singing, you ask?

I'll tell you.

Ahem.


Exsultate Jubilate (all of it, not just the Allelujah)

A nice mix of Schubert and Schumann, with a possible touch of Brahms

Vaughan Williams 10 Blake songs for Soprano and Oboe, featuring (all the way from Las Vegas!) my sister on oboe

Weill songs/Sondheim duets


When I was in Baltimore, I did between 2-4 recitals every year. Why the hell have I been dragging my feet here? Done. I'm on it.

2 Comments:

  • ahem, sondheim duets?

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:23 PM  

  • Hilsy, I wish I was as motivated as you are to do recitals. Perhaps we can sing something together...and you can help light a fire under me as well. Let me know.

    hugs,

    Dave Peterson

    (p.s. I'm actually serious, btw)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home